Another integral part of our control agency is the Business Center Slaughtering line, whose activity is a procedure of classification and labeling of animal carcasses in the slaughterhouse, according to the provisions of the Ordinance on classification and labeling of pork / beef / sheep carcasses (Official Gazette of the Republic of Croatia “Narodne novine” no. 45/14). The tasks of classification and labeling were entrusted by the Ministry of Agriculture to legal entities, who perform these activities through their employees – classifiers.
Classification and labeling are carried out in several phases:
- determination of the identity of the carcass;
- determination of the validity of the slaughtering of carcasses;
- determination of the slaughtering weight of the carcass;
- determination of the category, class and level of fat cover of the carcass;
- labeling of carcasses;
- keeping minutes on the performed classification
The Business Centre Slaughtering line is the holder of an authorization by the Ministry of Agriculture, because it has met all the requirements laid down in the Ordinances – trained staff, possessing appropriate equipment and the continuous meeting of the norm HRN EN ISO/IEC 17020:2012, which has as well been proven and accredited by the Croatian Accreditation Agency.